Shiloh, NJ 08353
Phone: (856) 455-3054
Fax: (856) 455-0369
Founded in 1705 by Baptists from Swansea, Massachusetts, this small rural community of 1.2 sq. mi. is home to about 600 people. A church was established in 1737 when the community was originally called Cohansey Crossing. The name was changed to Shiloh in 1771.
In 1849, the Union Academy was established as a private school. In 1866 the brick building still standing today was built and used by the Academy until the 1880’s when it was bought by the public school district. It was used as a public school until 2007. A post office was established in 1841.
Today Shiloh is still the home of many farms and orchards. In 2005 DeCou Orchards, the largest in Shiloh, was bought by Swansea Vineyards which has already produced an award winning wine.