CUMBERLAND COUNTY - EMERGENCY FOOD PANTRIES
CUMBERLAND COUNTY, NJ – With thousands of Cumberland County residents still without power, the Salvation Army is providing Emergency Food Pantries. The Salvation Army has half a dozen locations open providing canned goods and certain foods to residents, especially those who are still electric.
As a result of the storm that hit Cumberland County last weekend many county residents have been without power, water, and other utilities, and many have had to clean out and throw away a lot of their food. In the Millville Target store, employees had to clean out and throw away thousands of dollars’ worth of refrigerated food, because of their loss of power. Ever, since the storm hit the county early last Saturday morning, the Cumberland County Office of Emergency Management (OEM) has been steadily providing water and ice to each of the 14 different municipalities throughout the county. County OEM Officials have turned the county fire training center into an organized distribution center, where all the different municipalities come to get water and ice for their cooling centers.
“A major cleanup and recovery is underway county wide In Cumberland County. Cleanup from the storm is a large organized process. Progress is being made, but there’s still a lot of work to be done” said Cumberland County Freeholder Director Carl Kirstein.
1) Salvation Army located at 733 E. Chestnut Ave. (Across from Case Prac) in Vineland Monday – Friday, 9am – 2:30pm (closed for lunch 12pm – 1pm) (856) 696-5050 No Walk Ins, appointments must be made. Emergencies taken on Tuesdays & Thursdays. Please note, NJSNAP (Food Stamps) recipients cannot make an appointment until after the 20th of the month. You must provide a Photo ID, proof of income & proof of residence.
2) Catholic Social Services located at 8th & Montrose St. in Vineland – Wednesday 9am – 3pm, and Fridays. Clothes Pantry is open at this location Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday 1:15pm – 3pm, and Friday 9:30am – 12pm noon. For food or clothing at this location call for an appointment. You must provide your SS card. (856) 691-1841
3) First Presbyterian Church located at 8th and Landis Ave. in Vineland. Emergency Food Assistance is available at this location on Monday – Friday 9am – 11am only. (You have to ring the front door bell for entry) To make an appointment, call the Presbyterian Church at (856) 691-2283
4) Vineland Ministries Fellowship Emergency Food Bank, located at the First United Methodist Church at 7th & Landis Avenue. Assistance is available Wednesday and Friday 9am-11am (closed the Wed. and Fri. nearest to the 1st of the month).
5) Help & Hope Ministries located at 216 Howard Street (next to West Side United Methodist Church). Emergency Food Assistance is available Tuesday-Thursday from 10am-12 noon. Call for appointment at (856)-825-2375.
6) The Salvation Army located at 29 W. Commerce Street will be serving as the emergency food referral for residence in the Bridgeton area. They will be operating Monday-Friday from 9am-3pm, but will be closed daily from 12 noon-1pm for lunch. (Note: Eligibility for food is every other month. ID is required for food assistance.)
Canned foods and certain other food supplies are being distributed to county residents throughout the region at six different Salvation Army distribution Centers in Cumberland County.