Social Work Supervisor
(***Provisional, Pending Civil Service Certification***)
Department of Aging
Starting Salary: TBD
DUTIES: Under direct supervision of the Department Head, supervises a group of professional and paraprofessional social service staff involved in the identification of complex social service problems and the administration of social services programs designed to assist the elderly and disabled. Plans, organizes, coordinates, develops, and implements programs on aging and/or disability, coordinates community resources and services addressing the needs of older persons and/or persons living with disabilities, and their caregivers; maintains liaison with state and local agencies and concerned organizations. Does related duties as required, such as:
• Supervises activities of assigned social service staff.
• May assist others in planning, developing, and installing appropriate social service standards, services, procedures, and techniques.
• Assumes responsibility for comprehensive understanding of the social service system for the elderly and disabled.
• May represent the agency in public meetings or in interagency meetings.
• Consults and makes appraisals and evaluations of the work efficiency of individual staff members and makes recommendations regarding their assignments.
• May assist supervisors in the development and training of social workers.
• Analyzes social data with the purpose of using such data for improvement of the system to which assigned.
• Plans, organizes, and assigns work of the organizational unit and evaluates employee performance and conduct, enabling the effective recommendation of the hiring, firing, promoting, and disciplining of subordinates.
• Evaluates performance of social workers and paraprofessionals, gives them assignments and instructions.
• Prepares clear, sound, accurate, and informative reports containing findings, conclusions, and recommendations.
• Supervises the establishment and maintenance of records and files.
• Assumes responsibility for case conferences with members of the social service staff.
• Will be required to learn to utilize various types of electronic and/or manual recording and information systems used by the agency, office, or related units.
REQUIREMENTS: Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor's degree supplemented by a Master's degree in Social Work, Psychology, Sociology, Guidance and Counseling or other field related to social work or social services.
EXPERIENCE: Two (2) years of social work experience involving gathering social information from clients, determining their needs, and planning and carrying out treatment plans and/or service plans geared to individual client needs. NOTE: Applicants who do not possess the Bachelor's degree may substitute additional experience as indicated on a year-for-year basis with thirty (30) semester hour credits being equal to one (1) year of experience. NOTE: Applicants who do not possess the required Master's degree may substitute one (1) additional year of experience.
HOURS: Thirty-five (35) hours per week; Monday through Friday, 8:30am – 4:30pm.
NOTE: Offers of employment for this title are contingent upon successful completion of physical fitness testing, to include drug screenings, and criminal background checks.
Applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, and the names of three professional references to Brittany Wiita, Personnel Confidential Assistant, at firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to (856) 453-0361.
Application Deadline: March 2, 2018