Data Processing Technician
Center for Workforce & Economic Development
Starting Salary: $ 30,494
Duties: Under direction, creates appropriate coding and suitable forms for transmitting information to a data processing center to ensure the desired printout or information storage; does related work as required.
• Two (2) years of experience in monitoring, editing, and/or verifying information used in an electronic data processing system. (Satisfactory completion of a course of study in electronic data processing at a recognized college or university or accredited school of programming may be substituted for one (1) year of work experience.)
• Knowledge of modern office methods and procedures.
• Knowledge of digital computer equipment capabilities.
• Knowledge of electronic computer programming procedures and techniques and of the factors involved in the analysis, planning, and design of data processing systems.
• Ability to analyze data.
• Ability to reason logically and to draw sound conclusions in recommending courses of action.
• Ability to review and comprehend agency programs, processes, and methods.
• Ability to utilize accepted data processing procedures, methods, and techniques.
• Ability to work harmoniously with staff members and others and to prepare clear, concise, and accurate reports.
• Ability to learn to utilize various types of electronic and/or manual recording and information systems used by the agency, office, or related units.
• Ability to read, write, speak, understand, or communicate in English sufficiently to perform the duties of this position.
Hours: 35 hours per week, Monday through Friday.
Note: Offers of employment for this title are contingent upon successful completion of physical fitness testing that includes all drug screenings and background checks applicable to individuals having access to criminal justice information.
Applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, and the names of three professional references to:
Brittany Wiita, Personnel Confidential Assistant
Brittanywi@co.cumberland.nj.us or fax to (856) 453-0361
Deadline for submission is May 31, 2017.
The County of Cumberland is an Equal Opportunity Employer Striving for Diversity in the Workplace.