8/26/2008 - County Emergency Management Planner
COUNTY OF CUMBERLAND
DATE POSTED: August 26, 2008
DEPARTMENT: Office of Emergency Management
JOB TITLE: County Emergency Management Planner
# POSITIONS: One (1)
SALARY RANGE: $ 40,351- $51,658
HOURS/WEEK: 35 hours
- Develops, plans and provides technical guidance in the development of a regional response capability to a weapons of mass destruction incident.
- Develops, plans and provides technical assistance in the development of protocols, guidelines, and policies that promote interoperability, situational awareness and common operating protocols among the jurisdiction.
- Develops planning capability that addresses the special needs of the area that encompasses critical infrastructure target hardening measures, unique regional first responder capabilities and regional communications and information sharing resources.
- Collects and reviews public and private inventory information on the subjects of public health and safety, fire and rescue, construction, transportation, communications, radiological effects, food distribution and other activities.
- Composes drafts, develops, amends and updates emergency response plans to handle man-made and technological hazards.
- Attends public meetings to present and / or clarify agency plans and policy positions.
- Develops exercise scenarios and participates in exercise to test emergency plans and the response capability of the emergency management system.
- Knowledge of methods used to collect and analyze data.
- Ability to develop detailed strategies, budgets and spending plans required by Federal and State grants relating to domestic preparedness, emergency management and homeland security.
- Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelors degree.
- Two years of experience in planning at the municipal, regional, state or federal level, One (1) year of which shall have been in the area of emergency/disaster planning.
**Note: Applicants who do not possess the required education may substitute additional experience as indicated on a year to year basis.
- Possess a driver's license valid in NJ
Please submit letter of interest to:
Ralph S. Brownlee, Deputy County Administrator
790 E. Commerce Street
Bridgeton, NJ 08302
Cumberland County does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age or disability in employment or the provision of services.