11/6/2009 - Employment Services Aide - OET
COUNTY OF CUMBERLAND
|This is a short-term position funded through ARRA (Stimulus) funds. Employment term expires on or before June 30, 2010.
DATE POSTED: November 6, 2009
CLOSING DATE: November 13, 2009
DEPARTMENT: Cumb. Co. Office of Employment & Training
JOB TITLE: Employment Services Aide
# POSITIONS: One (1)
SALARY RANGE: $23,897 to $35,373
HOURS/WEEK: Thirty Five (35)
JOB DESCRIPTION: Under the direction of a Coordinator, Employment and Training Programs, or other supervisory official in a County One-Stop Career Center, provides information and advice to clients seeking employment services; obtains and provides information to answer client inquiries; directs clients to interviewer staff for consultation services; assists professional staff in caseload management; other related duties.
EXAMPLES OF WORK:
- Receives and responds to requests for information from clients.
- Explains programs and services provided by the One-Stop Career Center.
- Registers clients for services.
- Receives, records and processes client information; verifies information provided by the client.
- Distributes and collects forms, timesheets, brochures and other informational materials.
- Searches manual and electronic file systems to obtain information to provide responses to inquiries.
- Directs clients to professional staff for additional employment/training services.
- Maintains records and files.
- Will be required to utilize various types of electronic and/or manual or recording and information systems used by the agency, office or related units.
High School Diploma. (Two Year degree preferred).
At least one (1) year of experience providing and/or verifying information and service the public in an education, social service, job training or other closely discipline.
Please submit letter of interest within 5 working days to:
Ralph S. Brownlee, Deputy County Administrator; Cumberland County Administration Building; 790 E. Commerce Street; Bridgeton, NJ 08302.
Cumberland County does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age or disability in employment or the provision of services.
Application for Employment with Cumberland County (PDF Format)