Health Education Division
The Health Education Department's mission is to increase awareness of health concerns and to promote healthy life styles and behaviors in Cumberland County Residents.
Free educational presentations:
- Cardiovascular Education & Prevention
Cancer Education & prevention
STD Prevention Education
Serve as an informational resource for community organizations
Contribute to the health of the population through assessment, research & evaluation activities
Community Services Division
The Community Services division works to provide help to County residents in obtaining assistance and information regarding medical prescriptions, dental problems, and health care Information.
· Limited prescription assistance for needed medications is available through County programs. These once a year programs are directed at Seniors, disabled, and financially disadvantaged families and individuals who are in need of emergency assistance and are unable to afford the cost of their medications.
· The Mobile Dental Trailer is available for children, ages 6-18, and moves to various schools in Cumberland County throughout the school year in conjunction with Gateway Community Action Partnership.
· Translation Services for Hispanic populations through telephone calls, home and office visits, and letters are available for all CCHD division programs.
o Todos servicios estan disponible en espaňol.
· K.I. Pill Distribution: Potassium Iodide pills are distributed twice a year in cooperation with the County Office of Emergency Management to Cumberland County residents living within 10 miles of the Salem Nuclear Power Plant.
· County residents are given information on available social and health care agencies and their programs.
*Programs not available to residents of the City of Vineland*