2/3/2012 - AARP Driver Safety Program - Feb 16 & 17
AARP Driver Safety Program Scheduled for February 16th and 17th in Vineland
Local seniors will have an opportunity to sharpen their driving skills and possibly reduce their auto insurance premiums during the monthly two-day AARP Driver Safety Program, scheduled for Thursday February 16th and Friday February 17th in Vineland.
The Cumberland County Office on Aging and Disabled is now taking registrations for the program, which will be held at the S.J. Fitness Connection, 1430 W. Sherman Ave. in Vineland.
Participants will get instruction on how to operate their vehicles more safely in today’s challenging driving environment. They’ll get advice on adjusting to common age-related changes in vision, hearing and reaction time.
Among the highlights of the two-day, six hour course:
- The effects of medications on driving.
- How to minimize the effects of dangerous blind spots.
- How to maintain the proper following distance behind another car.
- The safest ways to change lanes and make turns at busy intersections.
- Eliminating distractions, such as eating, smoking, and cell-phone use.
- Properly using safety belts, air bags, and anti-lock brakes.
- Maintaining physical flexibility.
Space in the classes is limited, and registration is required. Call (856) 453-2220 to register. Cost is $14 ($12 for AARP members) payable to AARP. Mail check to:
Office on Aging
800 East Commerce Street
Bridgeton, NJ 08302
||AARP Driver Safety Program
||South Jersey Fitness Connection
1430 W. Sherman Ave.
Vineland, NJ 08360
||Thursday, February 16 & Friday, February 17
9:30 am to 12:30 pm