3/31/2011 - Bridgeton Public Library Events For March
Bridgeton Public Library Events For March
Preschool Story Time
- Tuesdays, March 8, 15, 22 and 29 at 10:30 am.
- Children ages 2-6 and a caregiver are invited for stories, songs, finger plays, crafts and a snack. Story time is free and registration is requested.
Story and Craft
- Tuesdays, March 8, 15, 22 and 29 at 10:30 am
- Kids ages 7 and up are invited to share stories, activities and crafts. This program will take place at the same time as our Preschool Story Time and is perfect for older siblings! Homeschoolers are welcome. Registration requested.
A weekly program for teens ages 12-18 funded by a Community Development Block Grant.
- Tuesday, March 1 at 6pm – Teen Library Council Meeting
- TLC members help plan programs for teens and children, choose new books for the library, and much more! New members are welcome.
- Tuesday, March 15 at 6pm – Teen Anime Night
- Watch newly released anime, and help choose new anime and manga for the library. Those who like to draw are encouraged to bring their art to share. No registration required!
- Tuesday, March 22 at 6pm – Teen Video Game Night
- Play video games on our big screen! We have New Super Mario Bros., Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Just Dance, Rockband 3, and more! Or, bring your own games to share. We have the Wii, XBOX 360, Gamecube and PS2.
- Tuesday, March 29 at 6pm – Teen Book Discussion
- Teens, ages 12-18, are invited to discuss The Forest of Hands and Teeth, by Carrie Ryan. Participants will receive a free copy of the book when they register for the discussion.
- Thursdays, March 10, 17 and 24 at 10:30 am.
- Babies, ages 6 to 23 months, and their parents or a caregiver are invited to Baby Story Time! Babies will enjoy simple stories, nursery rhymes and songs in English and Spanish. Registration is requested. Funded by the Friends of the Bridgeton Public Library.
Student Art Reception
Student artists will be recognized with an Artists’ Reception at the Bridgeton Public Library on Thursday, March 10th from 4 to 7pm. Art projects from several area schools will be exhibited throughout the library in honor of Youth Art Month. There is no charge for the event and refreshments will be provided by the Friends of the Library.
Friends of the Library Meeting
- Tuesday, March 15 at 7pm.
- Come out and learn how you can help the library. New members welcome!
Video Game Day!
- Thursday, March 17, 4-5:30 pm for ages 9-11
- Join us as we play video games on our big screen! We have the New Super Mario Bros., DDR and Kirby’s Epic Yarn for the Wii, Lego Rock Band for the XBOX 360, and more! Or, bring your own games to share. We have the Wii, PS2, XBOX, and Gamecube. Funded by a Community Development Block Grant.
- Thursday, March 24 at 6:30 pm for ages 6-12.
- Children ages 6-12 are invited to imagine, build, play and learn with this hands-on program that combines exciting building projects with exploration of different types of motion. Following the program, children will be able to take their models home to share with friends and family. Registration is required. Funded by a Community Development Block Grant for Library Programming.
Guided Tours of Woodruff Indian Museum
The Woodruff Indian Museum, which is located in the lower level of the library, is staffed by knowledgeable volunteers every Saturday from 11 am to 2 pm. Visitors are welcome!