CUMBERLAND COUNTY, NJ – Office of Emergency Management is now open from 8AM to 8PM seven days a week with FEMA representatives so residents can file for FEMA Disaster Assistance. If you sustained losses or damage from Hurricane Sandy, you may be eligible for disaster aid.
For more information or to apply: www.DisasterAssistance.gov
You can call to apply: 1-800-621-FEMA (3362)
The TTY number is 1-800-462-7585
For 711 or Video Relay Service, call: 1-800-621-FEMA (3362)
Or Apply on your smartphone at: m.fema.gov
When you apply for disaster assistance please have the following available:
- Social Security Number (including your spouse's)
- Private insurance information, if available
- Address and zip code of the damaged property
- Directions to the damaged home or property
- Daytime telephone number
- A telephone number where we can reach you or leave a message
- An address where you can get mail
- If you want your disaster assistance funds sent directly to your bank, provide the FEMA agent with your bank account type (savings/checking), account number and routing number
“All residents affected by Hurricane Sandy should apply. Disaster recovery assistance for eligible recipients is available without regard to race, color, gender, religion, national origin, age, disability, English proficiency or economic status”, Cumberland County Freeholder Director Carl Kirstein.