COUNTY OF CUMBERLAND
DATE POSTED: October 15, 2009
CLOSING DATE: October 21, 2009
DEPARTMENT: Superintendent of Schools
JOB TITLE: CONFIDENTIAL SECRETARY
# POSITIONS: One (1)
SALARY RANGE: To be determined
HOURS/WEEK: 35 hrs per week
- 1. Coordinates the efficient workflow of the ECS’s office relative to the responsibilities of the ECS.
- 2. Performs all secretarial and confidential work as assigned by the ECS.
- 3. Prepares all correspondence and reports emanating from the ECS’s office.
- 4. Oversees a regular filing system, as well as a set of locked confidential files, and processes incoming correspondence.
- 5. Places and receives telephone calls and records messages for the ECS.
- 6. Oversees a schedule of appointments for the ECS and makes arrangements for conferences, meetings and interviews.
- 7. Acts as a liaison between the ECS and administrative staff in screening and routing inquiries and requests.
- 8. Assists ECS in preparing reports.
- 9. Performs other related duties as may be assigned by the ECS.
REPORTS TO: Executive County Superintendent of Schools (ECS).
- 1. High school diploma; secretarial training.
- 2. Experience in general or school office work as determined by the ECS; prior experience preferred.
- 3. Demonstrates proficiency in taking dictation.
- 4. Knowledge of automated office equipment and excellent word processing and secretarial skills.
- 5. Strong analytical, communication and human relations skill.
- 6. Required criminal history background check and proof of US citizenship or legal resident alien status.
- 7. Be available to attend evening functions if necessary.
JOB GOAL: To serve as the ECS’s confidential secretary and communicates ECS’s decisions as directed.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Twelve months.
EVALUATION: Performance of this job will be evaluated by the ECS in accordance with county policy.
Please submit letter of interest within 5 working days to:
Ralph S. Brownlee, Deputy County Administrator; Cumberland County Administration Building; 790 E. Commerce Street; Bridgeton, NJ 08302.
Cumberland County does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age or disability in employment or the provision of services.
Application for Employment with Cumberland County (PDF Format)