Filing an Unemployment Insurance (UI) Claim
Filing an unemployment claim can be done quickly and easily on the internet or over the phone.
To file on the internet, click here
To file over the phone, call the Re-employment Call Center at (856) 507-2340.
Due to current economic conditions, wait times may be longer than normal for the Call Center. You can file online at home or at the One Stop Center by clicking the link above.
To file your claim, you will need the following information:
- Your Social Security Number.
- Your alien registration number (if you are not a citizen).
- Recall date (if you expect to be recalled to your job).
- Union hiring hall information, including local number and address (if you get your work through a union).
- Complete name, address, and telephone number of your four most recent employers; and
- The beginning and ending dates of each period of employment and the reason for separation from your four most recent employers.
More information is available on the New Jersey Department of Labor and Workforce Development Website by clicking here.