SHIP (Senior Health Insurance Program)
HOW CAN SHIP COUNSELORS HELP YOU?
SHIP counselors provide free counseling and information on health insurance and assistance with completing Medicare and other health insurance forms. They are ready and willing to help you answer the following questions:
- How much insurance do I really need?
- What are the "gaps" in Medicare coverage?
- What do I do if Medicare denies payment for a claim?
- Whom do I call if I have a question about a claim?
- Does Medicare pay for nursing home care?
- What’s the difference between Medigap and a Medicare+ Choice plan?
- Should I stay in Original Medicare or choose a Medicare+ Choice plan?
- What is Long-Term Care insurance?
To get answers to these questions and more, just call for your appointment today! To reach a counselor call the Cumberland County Office on Aging & Disabled at (856) 453-2220
- Click here for the Medicare 2017 deductibles and co-insurance
- Click here for information on PAAD and Senior Gold
- Click here for information on the latest Medicare Part D plans and Medigap plans
- Click here to view the latest information on Medicare and the Affordable Care Act (dated November 2015)
- Click here for information regarding Medicare Fraud
The State Health Insurance Assistance Program (SHIP) is a statewide program administered by the N.J. Department of Health, Division of Senior Services, with major funding from the U.S. Health Care Financing Administration.
800 E. Commerce Street
Bridgeton, NJ 08302
Phone: (856) 453-2223
Fax: (856) 453-2212
Kimberly Long, Program Coordinator