Older Americans Act Grant Funded Programs
Every three years, the Office on Aging & Disabled develops an Area Plan for Senior Services in Cumberland County as required by the Federal Older Americans Act. The Office requests proposals from local agencies to administer needed programs and services for Cumberland County elderly residents and contracts with those agencies awarded contracts through the Cumberland County Board of Chosen Freeholders.
In 2018 the partner agencies providing contracted services for the Office on Aging include:
- South Jersey Legal Services to provide limited legal assistance. Call 1-800-496-4570
- Bayada Home Health Care to provide certified nurses aide services and respite services for caregivers. Call 856-327-6800.
- Shirley Eves Center to build ramps and complete minor home repairs. Call 856-825-5840.
- PRAC of Southern NJ to provide the Staying Active and Independent for Life (SAIL). A falls prevention program. Call 856-213-6693.
- Gateway Community Action Partnership to provide social day care and respite to caregivers of thoses afflicted with Alzheimer's Disease. Call 856-690-0411.
- Bridgeton Housing Authority to provide housekeeping services for housing authority residents. Call 856-451-4454 ext. 402.
- Caring, Inc. to provide housekeeping services to the residents of Millville Housing Authority. Call 856-327-8161.
- Casa PRAC to provider bi-lingual outreach and translation services for the Hispanic elderly. Call 856-692-2331.
- Margaret Winchester Enrichment Center for the Blind and Visually Impaired to provide social day care for the blind and visually impaired elderly. Call 856-451-5623.
- Nanticoke Lenni-Lenape Indians of NJ to provide a weekly ethnic and cultural congregate luncheon program. Call 856-455-6910.
All programs are free to eligible senior citizens aged 60 and over; however, donations are requested in an effort to expand services to help as many of those in need as possible.
Office on Aging:
800 E. Commerce Street
Bridgeton, NJ 08302
Phone: (856) 453-2224
Fax: (856) 455-1029
Barbara Nedohon, Executive Director
Diane Stroyzk, Program Development Specialist/Planner