Blind and Visually Impaired
- Margaret Winchester, Founder/Board President
- Elizabeth McGuire, Assistant Director/Board President
- Alice Todd, Board Secretary Lawrence Pierce, Treasurer
- Stephanie Archetto, Office Manager/Outreach
The Margaret Winchester Enrichment Center for the Blind and Visually Impaired provides day care services, free of charge, to any blind or visually impaired person who has been determined as legally blind with visual acuity of 20/200 or less in the better eye with best correction, or with a visual field of 20 degrees or less.
The program provides social, educational, physiological, psychological, and recreational needs of the blind and visually impaired through a variety of activities and projects. In addition, the program provides services to visually impaired persons, assisting them in functioning more effectively in their homes and community, with a long range goal of self-sufficiency.
Services provided at the center include:
- Day Care
- Arts & Crafts
- Social/Outreach Services
- Braille Instruction
- Mobility Instruction
- Nutritious Meals
- Wood Shop/Caning/Rush
- Field Trips
- "JAWS" Computer Training
- Yoga/Stretch & Stress Relief
- Daily Living Skills Training
- Assistance with Letter Reading/Writing
- Exercise Classes
Volunteers are needed to assist program participants with daily activities and projects. Please call the center at (856) 451-5623 for more information.
Visit their website at www.mwcenterfortheblind.com