Old Stone School House
Greenwich, NJ 08323
Township of Greenwich
Open to public when Artists have an exhibition (of their work).
Within Greenwich Historic District
Not within Greenwich Historic Conservation Zone.
Successively used as a militia headquarters, school, house, polling booth, undertakers establishment and now as an art museum.
Little stone school endowed as a free school for poor children by Zachariah Barrow.
Oldest educational building in Cumberland County. Served until advent of public supported learning.
This one and a half story stone building was built in 1810. The foundation is also of stone. Inside there is a chimney, the walls are of plaster and floors; of random width board. The roof is pitch and of shingles. The 1935 survey found iron strap hinges had been rivetted to each slab.