Need to translate the whole page? Select your language below.¿Necesita traducir toda la página? Seleccione su idioma a continuación.
Need to translate a document? Click the button below, then click on the document to load a translated version.¿Necesita traducir un documento? Haga clic en el botón de abajo, luego haga clic en el documento.
220 North Laurel Street
Bridgeton, New Jersey 08302
The Cumberland County Division of Consumer Affairs consists of two agencies the Office of Consumer Protection and the Office of Weights and Measures.
This website is designed to assist you in two ways:
1. To instruct you on how to file a complaint with our office if you believe that a business or entity, located in Cumberland County, has violated your rights and protection:
• Under the NJ Consumer Fraud Act; (N.J.S.A 56-8.1)
• Or under Title 51 of the NJ Standards for Weights and Measures
2. To provides education and resources that you can utilize to protect yourself in the future against fraudulent business practices.
Our Weights and Measures Office also inspects retail establishments to ensure the price on a product is what rings up at the register. These are called “scanning audits”. The inspections are done randomly and may lead to enforcement action.
If you feel you have been unfairly treated or are a victim of consumer fraud, please contact our office(s):
• Consumer Protection: 856-451-0925 or CLICK HERE to file a complaint
• Weights & Measures: 856-453-2203 or CLICK HERE to file a complaint